Wednesday, December 1, 2010

christmastime

Anyone who knows me knows that I ADORE Sufjan Stevens! It's a little embarrassing, really. Especially after seeing him in concert in October, I probably talk about him and his music a little too much. I just can't get enough of his beautiful folk music! ...And don't even get me started about his newest album!
Anyway, today after school I couldn't help but buy his 4 disc Christmas collection from iTunes (and maybe I bought his Seven Swans album, too.. now I'm just one album short of having all of his music!). The second it was downloaded and onto my ipod, I've been soaking up all of his Christmasy-wonderfulness. His Christmas music is GOOD! With his own personal spin on the classics and with new Christmas songs that he wrote, these 42 songs were worth the $16! (I'm currently listening to "Come On! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance!"--adorable!) ...And yes, you read correctly, forty-two songs!
And while I'm on the topic of Christmas music, I'll go ahead and talk about my other favorite band, Coldplay. They came out with a new Christmas song today! When I heard they were, I was SO excited! But when I listened to the song today, I was disappointed! It's called "Christmas Lights" and it feels a little too forced. A little bit cheesy! Maybe I'll just need to listen to it again.. Either way, if they're coming out with a new album soon it better not reflect the quality of their Christmas song!
See for yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment